Monday 10 August 2009

A new purchase

T'husband has done it again with his wonderous ebay ways and snagged us this sink for our donwnstairs loo. Yay!

We have the plumbers coming back soon to move the pipework for the main bath so we can then floor it. Once floored they will, at last, plumb in the bath but at the same time they are going to fit this sink. It is rather heavy so we need to find something for it to sit on so next up researching counter top sink thingies. I think I would like something that feels like a piece of furniture in its own right. Like this...

I have just looked back over my inspirations files for this room and what do you know the sink t'husband has bought more than a little resembles those in my file.

See here...


And here...

The uncanny thing is I am sure I never shared these pics with him. The only explanation is my husband is design psychic so I am going to start thinking deeply about what pretty things I want for my birthday now...

Oh and we have finished the tiling. I say we, of course I mean t'husband, but I am on excess grout cleaning duty later so I help in my own small way. It looks really beautiful (photos to follow) and I am so proud that t'husband has such practical skills and although I tease him about it taking four days, the finish it totally worth the wait. In fact, I think currently the main bathroom (or 't'husband's bathroom' as he has staked the claim) is currently my fave in the house. Might be as it is heading towards being the most finished but I think it is the light in there. I also loved the light in the bathroom at our old place so maybe I just like bathrooms...



No comments:

Post a Comment