Monday 17 August 2009

Coveting...

...attractive storage recepticles like these ones on House to Home (and the motivation to use them!). It is a worry as I think I am turning slowly into a 1950s housewife and there is nothing more exciting on my mind than clearing out cupboards but as I said it is a distraction. Do I sound less of a sad case now?

At Uni, when I used to have a lot on my mind, but wasn't getting anything productive done I would spend a good few hours tidying my room. Some might say this is procrastination and they might be right as I am an expert! But I think the processs of decluttering an actual space helped to declutter my mental space or at last gave me something distracting to do so thoughts could simmer until they were ready. There is so much to do at The Money Pit but the things I keep fixating on (apart from the cellar that is STILL leaking - I save that particular worry for early morning anxiety sessions) are sorting out my wardrobe and the pantry cupboard in the kitchen.


I haven't fathomed a good system of 'wardrobe management' yet. Think I just need to chuck stuffs as I can no longer close the door and the back of almost every door upstairs is being used as overflow.

If the kitchen pantry, not only do I want it to be easy to navigate, making it easier to rotate stocks or at the very least give me the option of knowing what we have at a glance, it has got to look nice. Something like this...





So if anyone is at a loss to what to buy me for my forthcoming birthday then pretty storage jars please...

No comments:

Post a Comment