Monday 6 July 2009

Pottering and pictures...

While I was yardening, t'husband decided it was time, despite rooms being far from finished to hang a few things up to get them out of the way. Or at least on the walls. Here are the lights for the dining room...

And then some pictures. Here he is applying his DIY mantra - measure twice. Cut /drill/hammer once!

For me, with pictures, I want something on the walls that I like but that also means something. Therefore, whenever we go abroad, we usually buy some sort of picture for the walls at home. In the old place we were running out of walls but now have many to fill with holiday art. Unfortunately, we no longer have the funds to go abroad which means the pictures are now good reminders of our frivolous youth!

From New York (my 30th birthday trip)...

Brooklyn Bridge and Portabello Rd (our 1st anniversary trip)

er Morzine....


Not a picture and not from abroad but its installed, it tells the time, the temperature and the humidity...yes really!

And although again not from abroad but the one below was given to me by my mum. Way before Kirsty and her homemade home made skip diving de riguer, my mum used to come back from, what they would now call, the recycling centre with goodies she had unearthed. She found this picture there. I think it was part of an art students discarded portfolio - I am hoping they make it big and I will have an unknown work which I unassumingly hung in the lav and then sold for millions in the future. Of course, in that particular future I have also won the lottery so won't need the cash.
But I digress. In those days the recycling centre was called 'the dump' hence its current home at The Money Pit!! Aly said she thought that our downstairs loo was like a gallery (being long, white and lit with spotlights). So I am taking her at her word and turning it into one, one picture at a time.....

We also hung a few more bits a pieces and I will try and get photos of these tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment