Wednesday 24 June 2009

Houses - real ones not magazines!

As I mentioned before my wonderful friend Abi has the most beautiful home, full of the most beautiful things. Despite the range and variety of objects their owners have somehow managed to pull all these interesting things together and make it look cohesive and lovely. I love wandering around her house as there is always somehting quite lovely and original to look at but I guess she and her nearly husband (hi Matt) both work in theatre so are visual people. Below are just some of the things I love about their home.

Lighting

Abi has slowly built up a collection of really beautiful lights. No paper globes for these people, their lights have to be beautiful too. Here are a few...








The use of colour and texture

They are much braver than I with their colour choices. The Money Pit is pretty much all white and I love how light it feels but their home feels rich and luxurious....



The painting in this picture, I think, is by Abi's very talented brother. He now has a fancy career building sets and all kinds of things for photo shoots as well as designing shop windows such as the wonderful Liberty. So I guess taste runs in the family...



Unfortunately, the bathroom, I think one of my faves was occupied at the time of photographing but it is a deep teal green with white accessories, floor and beautiful aqua shower tiles...

No comments:

Post a Comment