Monday 20 April 2009

Baby Steps

Very little to report on the house after the weekend. Mainly as on Friday and Saturday we were a little preoccupied by this:


This....

And this.....

But mainly this....

Despite the lack of house action, we had a lovely time with the above, riding on trains, decorating the furniture with Pollock-style yoghurt art and becoming the target for a rather violent human coconut shy. Owww Denise! Stop throwing it so hard...I mean it...quit it....let the kids have a go....

Up very early on Sunday morning for the first Brownbacks race at Lee Quarry. T'husbands mate, Dave, was at the door soon after the sun came up and t'husband was in the shower (yes I know t'husband up early - amazing how he manages it when he wants to!) so I had to answer the door in a state that wasn't really suitable for guests. Dave was very kind though and rather than telling me that I looked as you'd expect at 6am on a Sunday said in his slight Brummie accent 'What's with the mismatched jammies?'. Jammies is now my new favourite name for my night attire....however, I think he is hardly one to comment when he spent the day looking like this...

Dave's on the right and someone described his get-up as a hip hop bin man. I shall now be mainly calling him the Notorious B.I.N. The above photo is for Jenny who has long suspected t'husband sometimes feels the need to wear a high-vis vest. In this instance he is not wearing it for pleasure or to ensure people listen to him. Look again....this time he means business...'official' business...

Anyway, it was a beautiful day and once I had got over the shock it was wonderful being up as I love the light at that time in the morning. So after a strong coffee, I headed off to meet the gang at Lee Quarry for the race.

Walking up to the the race course was really exciting and I felt really proud to be involved in a small way with this new race series. It all looked great, the weather was marvellous and there seemed to be a real buzz. I think we had nearly 100 entries which for the first race is fantastic and the feedback seems to have been really good so far. Only a few falls and one incident, as far as I know, that required the help of Mountain Rescue. Of course, the fall happened close to the stretch t'husband was on and as he had recently attended a first aid course he was on hand to help out. Although according to some spectators reports, he was last seen dabbing pathetically at an ear that was bleeding profusely!

As well as the excitement of the race, we also got to hang out with lovely people...

Admire the views...
Visit the pub for post race celebration feasting and still managed to get a few things done including this...
And at long last these, although these are only doing the job short term until I have put up the longer term temporary ones....


So a lovely, busy, fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment