Tuesday 22 December 2009

It's (nearly) Christmas....

What with all the snow, a stack of wood in the cellar for the cold nights, (non-alcoholic) mulled wine ready for mulling and the tree decorated it is feeling very festive at The Money Pit. I am lucky enough to have two trees this year which is an extravaganse in these lean times but we are entertaining a bit over the festive season and I am hoping that pretty trees will detract from the lack of carpets and soft furnishings and the chilliness...


There's something about the warm glow of of fairy lights that makes a home feel cozy even when it is -5 outside. I was watching Nigella's Christmas last night and she goes fairy light crazy but with a load of fairy lights you need little other adornment. Can't deck my halls with fairy lights, but I am going to buy up a large supply of candles.

I just hope I can make it home tonight to enjoy it all. It's really coming down out there...


No comments:

Post a Comment